Cummins Inc. Warehouse SHIPPING/RECEIVING Person in West Sacramento, California
Warehouse SHIPPING/RECEIVING Person
Cummins Inc. is worldwide, and with 54,000 employees is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Cummins has an immediate need for an experienced Warehouse SHIPPING/RECEIVING Person at our West Sacramento, CA branch. Receive, store and issue materials, equipment and other items from the stockroom, warehouse or storage yard; pull orders and get packages ready for delivery; pick up and deliver items, such as engines, generators and parts. Pick up and deliver items as required, maintaining delivery records and completing other necessary paperwork
- Maintain delivery records and complete all necessary paperwork.
Perform cleaning, pulling parts, lifting, moving items, etc. to support the PDC and other departments.
Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the warehouse by sweeping and straightening shelves.
Maintain delivery truck to Cummins standards; make sure truck is properly equipped with the correct materials, such as pallets, straps, wrapping blankets, etc.
Fill fuel tank after each run and manually inspect fluids to maintain optimal performance.
Package orders properly and make sure invoice is correct.
Record sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery record.
Inspect and make written acknowledgments of problems or damages to packages while picking up items for Cummins. Assist other departments with special projects or needs such as moving boxes, lifting parts, etc.
Load and unload parts, engines and generators.
Perform daily HSE and equipment inspections and maintenance.
Participate on HSE/CSE teams.
Pull items from shelves by correctly completing pick tickets.
Process receipts, load carts and shelve parts in the assigned bin locations.
Assist in cycle count as needed and required as end-of-day process.
* Experience *
- Health, Safety and Environment
Planning and Organizing
Client and Internal Customer Focus
* Education, Licenses, Certifications *
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Current Driver’s License
Acceptable driving record (no more than two points; no DUIs).
Forklift certification preferred
* Compensation and Benefits *
- Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
* Cummins and E-verify *
- At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today
Job SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
Primary Location United States-California-West Sacramento-US, CA, West Sacramento, Cummins Pacific
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Shop
Job Posting Sep 26, 2018, 6:33:46 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180005Z5