Cummins Inc. Housing Weld Technician - 2nd Shift in Fletcher, North Carolina
Housing Weld Technician - 2nd Shift
Welding Technician - 2nd Shift
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Welding Technician - 2nd Shift to join our team specializing in Manufacturing for our Components Business Segment team in Fletcher, NC.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Performs MIG welding on drive axle housing units based on specified guidelines and engineering standards.
- Prioritizes safety protocols during welding processes and consistently delivers high-quality welds meeting company and customer standards.
- Utilizes welding skills to securely attach suspension and auxiliary brackets to drive axle housing units, ensuring precision and compliance with customer requirements.
- Follows and applies standard work instructions consistently, adapting to any updates or revisions promptly.
- Collaborates with team members in the Fletcher, NC facility, effectively communicating to troubleshoot issues and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Controls Safety - Recognizes controls related hazards in a manufacturing environment (Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic) to incorporate safe practices and procedures as part of the daily work plan to reduce injuries and create a safe machine environment.
- Health and Safety Fundamentals - Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace.
- Risk Assessment - Evaluates hazards within the work environment by applying hazard identification and risk assessment techniques to analyze and prioritize risk, enabling a selection of control measures that reduce risk as low as reasonably practicable.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school, college or equivalent training in welding, or related field is required. This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Significant work experience and in-depth knowledge obtained through specialized training and experience in mig welding.
- Strong knowledge of the automotive manufacturing sector and readiness to adhere to safety measures.
- Must be a quick learner and able to collaborate with others.
- Candidates are expected to perform rework or repair operations on nonconforming material
- 5S standards are expected
- Safe forklift operation experience is a requirement
- Candidates are also required to actively participate in employee engagement and Kaizen events.
- Familiarity with Quality and time.
- Readiness to adhere to safety requirements.
Primary Location United States-North Carolina-Fletcher-US, NC, Fletcher, Rockwell Dr Mfg
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Shop
Job Posting Jan 26, 2024, 9:58:05 AM
Unposting Date Apr 26, 2024, 12:59:00 AM
Organization Cummins Meritor
Role Category Onsite
Relocation Package Eligible
Req ID: 2400004P