Cummins Inc. Product Design Engineer - Technical Specialist in Seymour, Indiana
Product Design Engineer - Technical Specialist
Product Design Engineer – Technical Specialist
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Seymour, Indiana for a Product Design Engineer – Technical Specialist. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- _ Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects in the design, development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle. Creates design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service. Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk. Works with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues. Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations.
- _ Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects with minimal supervision.
- _ Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
- _ Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
- _ Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
- _ Influences at department or program management level.
- _ Provides input on program-related decisions.
- _ Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
- _ Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
- _ Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
- _ Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
Skills and Experience Required:
Seeking an experienced design engineer (10 yr experience), with significant design experience in diesel and gas engine air handling component design as well as product validation experience on the components in this sub-system. Expect the individual will be proficient with all Cummins design practices, release processes, product definition processes, and have ability to coach and mentor a team of entry level designers across sub-system teams.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) is required
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Seymour, Cummins Industrial Center
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting Feb 15, 2017, 1:45:39 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 170000JO