Cummins Inc. Senior IT Auditor in Indianapolis, Indiana
Senior IT Auditor
No, this isn’t one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Responsible for the execution of financial and operational audits. May provide technical guidance to contracted audit staff, ensuring that objectives are met. Reviews financial and operating procedures to determine whether or not internal controls are being properly applied.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
Leads or executes internal financial and/or system audits and risk assessments within established business process controls.
Tests and documents more complex financial and computer system records for information system integrity and transaction accuracy.
Preparation of less complex audit plans or assists with more complex plans.
Prepares formal written reports to communicate audit results to management, and makes recommendations as appropriate.
Leads onsite audit process including contracted audit staff to perform internal audits and risk assessments within established business process controls.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related field required. Progress toward Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification preferred.
· Intermediate relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
· Design and execute audit programs, operational process reviews and review of system implementations, applications and other IT-related risk areas.
· Communicate with and educate process owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: financial processes and systems, privacy, cybersecurity, Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards, Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data security standards, Oracle E-Business Suite, large project systems integration (e.g. ERP) or data analytics.
· Ability to take charge, confidence to interact with all levels, set objectives, drive results, and be a team player.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments and global areas of operation.
· CISA/CISSP/CIA/CPA or related experience preferred.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Indianapolis-US, IN, Indianapolis, 251 N Illinois Street
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting Nov 17, 2016, 1:11:00 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing