Cummins Inc. Cummins Care Level 2 - Power Generation Specialist in Columbus, Indiana
Cummins Care Level 2 - Power Generation Specialist
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Cummins Care Level 2 – Power Generation Specialist. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- _ Provide technical support for complex service related issues.
- _ Serve as technical support resource providing diagnostic support on complex and hard to diagnose warranty and non-warranty repair events.
- _ Formulate and direct complex repair plans.
- _ Document the results of diagnostic and repair actions in the appropriate database clearly and concisely.
- _ Manage the escalation of more complex requests to the appropriate level of support.
- _ Lead diagnostic support and escalation process improvement activities.
- _ Maintain knowledge and technical understanding of current products and new products.
- _ Promote Cummins Service capability and service programs to increase sales.
- _ Distribute technical communications to the assigned region.
- _ Investigate product issues at customer or dealer locations.
- _ Mentors and coaches technicians in the region to improve capability.
Skills and Experience Required:
Must be able to work flexible shifts
Must be able to work in a call center environment
PowerGen knowledge and experience
Customer service skills
Component Failure Analysis
Data Gathering And Analysis
Distribution/Service Network Knowledge
Experience : 3 years
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Engineering required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, General Office Building
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting Jun 16, 2017, 1:57:27 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 170002S9