Cummins Inc. Technician in Bakersfield, California
Cummins Pacific is looking for a talented highly skilled Diesel Technician to perform maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and repairs to Cummins® engines in a wide variety of equipment makes and models. This includes assuring each repair is performed in
a manner that is both expeditious and cost effective to the customer and CP. Work in conjunction with the Service Supervisor and Service Manager as an internal resource to promote 100% customer satisfaction for every product and service Cummins Pacific provides.
Some tasks include:
· Perform work in accordance with Cummins safety standards and practices.
· Gather and present accurate equipment information (make/model, vin, engine serial number, mileage) to the Service Supervisor in order to assure proper coverage is determined.
· Utilize troubleshooting software and troubleshooting trees to diagnose cause of failure and document specific values when requested.
· Work with Service Supervisor to draft accurate repair estimates (parts/labor) by completing quote sheets.
· Perform engine repairs and services on a wide variety of equipment.
· Perform repairs within 30% of Cummins published SRT’s (standard repair times). Assure labor is posted to applicable SRT’s.
· Notify immediate supervisor of non-operable, inadequate or unsafe equipment or working conditions.
· Maintain immediate work area clean and free from debris.
· Returned failed parts and cores (tagged appropriately) to Parts dept upon repair completion.
· Keep up to date on current Cummins products, services and procedures.
Technical degree and 3+ years of experience as a Cummins Diesel Engine Service Technician or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Complete set of technician tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap,
or veteran status. There is no place in Cummins Pacific, LLC for an employee who uses symbols, words, or engages in activities that may reasonably be perceived as denigrating or showing hostility or aversion toward an individual because of the individual's
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or other status protected by law, or because of the status of the individual's relatives, friends, or associates.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have accessto the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosureis (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.